The Cultural Center of the World
Early in 2017, our family will be moving to New York City, taking on the leadership of a new church plant. It started a year ago in Union Square in downtown Manhattan.
The influence of NYC is like no other:
- 700,000 university students
- Over 800 languages spoken every day
- Streets and areas representing entire sectors of society: 5th Avenue, Wall Street, Broadway, 30 Rock, Madison Avenue, and Harlem
- The best & brightest looking to prove themselves, and make it, to find success, and purpose
Yet behind the bustle and commotion, there are people who can only be fulfilled by knowing their Creator and Father.
The harvest is overwhelming. The laborers, desperately needed. The influence is unprecedented.
As we move to NYC our vision is three-fold:
- Reach people who do not yet know the saving power of Jesus.
- Empower leaders to change the face of culture and lead in churches.
- Plant many more congregations across New York City’s five boroughs.